World Kindness Day

15:40


Ok, so today I was going to post the 10th year anniversary gift ideas... well I am going to postpone that particular post to another day (so come back to visit). The reason for this postponement?

Today is Friday the 13th. Woohoo. But did you also know that it is World Kindness Day?

Now, this is a topic I feel very strongly about, because in all honesty I believe we need more kindness in our everyday lives. I am really lucky that within my business I get to share the kindness with other people in the form of delivering gifts. I love to see the genuine look of surprise and happiness when people get something they weren't expecting.

So here is my question to you: "Why do we have to wait for a special occasion to show kindness?"

My simple answer is that we don't! We can do kindness everyday and it doesn't have to be expensive gift giving either.


To celebrate today I baked 2 dozen muffins to take to my son's school. I also printed out 2 dozen suggestions of things the kids could do to show kindness.


The suggestions included:
*Walk your dog or someone else's
*Pay a compliment
*Talk to your neighbour
*Include someone into your conversation
*Lend a hand
*Do something nice for someone else

Now, I don't know if the kids took too much notice of the little notes that I handed out with each muffin, even with the teacher asking them to take the time to look at them and READ what they say.

I do know this - 18 out of 20 kids said thank you without being prompted and 3 came up to me after the bell had rung and told me that they were really good muffins. Funnily enough only 1 of the notes I wrote said "Pay a compliment".

At the end of the day if they remember for 1 moment that Stefan's Mum came to school and gave us a muffin for no reason, then I am happy. Hopefully they will share the kindness.


Do a random act of kindness, it will make you feel soooo good....

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts